Wednesday, November 30, 2011

First ds106: Triple Troll Attack, GO!

The Triple Troll Attack is Visual Assignment 138. It was submitted by Darth Ba'al. The assigment description is to:

"The assignment is to take a photo, a quote from a different character than the one in the picture, and a name from a third character different from the other two, place the quote in the picture, and "sign" it with the third person's name. The three characters are to be from three different, but similar in genre, series."
This is originally known as "troll quoting," and one of the first ones was speculated to have been seen around late 2010. Unfortunately, I do not whom it was by.



This was the first ds106 assignment I actually saw, unfortunately I don't remember which one of my classmate made it, but it was really funny so I decided I wanted to create my own. As much as I like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, in my pre-teen to teen years, I really enjoyed cartoons such as South Park, Family Guy, and The Simpsons. Coincidentally enough, it seemed that the funnier characters from each show were the always fat ones. Thus my creation:


There wasn't much to creating this. The most difficult was actually painting over the background with black, and thinking of a funny quote.

The quote itself is from The Simpsons but can anyone tell me from which character without looking it up?

1 comment:

  1. The Cartmann pic is great!

    I love how you found quotes that are right on the edge of believability for these two characters. That's the essence of the triple troll attack, and you nailed it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete